Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mexican Chicken Casserole

It only seems fitting that the first recipe I post remind me of my mom, as she was the brain behind the start of this blog!

Mexican Chicken Casserole
9 servings
Total cost: $9.40
Cost per serving: $1.04


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. cooked and shredded chicken ($2.49/lb fresh)
  • 1 can Cream of Chicken ($.59, off brand)
  • 1 can Cream of Mushroom ($.59, off brand)
  • 1 can Rotel Tomatoes ($.78, off brand)
  • 1 bag of yellow corn chips, 7oz ($.99, off brand)
  • 1 bag of shredded cheese ($1.97, off brand)
  • 1 box of rice ($1.99, off brand)
  1. Preheat the over to 375 degrees and grease a 9x9 or 8x8 pan
  2. Mix the canned goods, corn chips, and shredded chicken in a large bowl
  3. Spread the mixture into the pan and sprinkle with cheese
  4. Bake for 30-45 minutes, until the cheese on top is nice and melty
  5. Serve the casserole over rice
Tips: When cooking this meal for a family, double the recipe and bake in a 9x13 pan for 12 servings.  This meal reheats really well!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I could be the inspiration for something that could help other family members as well as our friends.

    I can't wait to see how many wonderful things you come up with. And the fact that you are an inexperienced cook, should inspire others to learn how to cook. (like me) :-)

    ReplyDelete